Sunday, July 24, 2005

what happened to originality??????

has anyone noticed the growing trend of remakes.By remakes Imean just about everything now seems to be a remake of something from the past.For example every second song that comes out is a cover of some old song or at least has the music from some old song sampled into it,movies there is the same problem how many remakes can you thinkof that came out in the last couple of years ten twenty?All I know is there are a lot of them video games are the same way.Surprisingly the loss of originality has hit other areas as well cartoons there are alot of remakes there ranging from he man, transformers, g.i. joe, ninja turtles to even astroboy!toys are the same way to. Ill give toys a little bit of credit they usually go hand in hand with cartoons and movies so I won't bitch to much about them.I dont know but maybe Im a bit strange but I can only take so much of nostalga I mean most of these remakes I grew up with and I dont really see the need for them. Maybe Im just a little jelous that half the time the remakes are better than the things I held dear growing up(the little growing up Ive done) rehashing stuff like starsky and hutch and the dukes of hazard is just not needed.But hey you can bring back macguyver anytime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: