Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Musical Ignorance

As of late Ive noticed a trend of musical ignorance.What happened to the times people actually listened to and had alove for various forms of music, it seems like every person I run into as of late is saying pretty much the same thing "I only listen to hip hop" or I only listen to metal" "country sucks" and the likes. Its kind of funny a person at work the other day was telling me how he has no use for rap and hiphop, the funny thing is he listens to bands like non point, primer55, korn, and machine head. Sure these are all metal bands but theya are also band who on several ocasions have said that rap and hiphop were some of their bigger influences. Now without rap these band would sound alot different or not even exist so how could he have no use for it I asked .He just stood there dumbfounded without an answer. About an hour later he returned to me and told me that he had not even considered that side of things before he had no idea that his favorite music was infact influenced by music he claimed to hate. I go through this ordeal on a regular basis with all types of music. Maybe if people actually sat down and listened to a couple of random cds of all types or even a few good mixed cds they might learn that the musics they hate (even though they only know a handful of song and a couple artists in that genre) actually has something to offer. Most common example Everyone I know claims to hate country but play some cash around them next thing you know they have a couple cash cds in their collection but hey " they hate country". All I am saying is take some time broaden your horizons and take the time to enjoy some thing different

No comments: